1901 Michigan Wolverines football team represented
the University of
Michigan in the college
football season of 1901.
The team's head football coach
was Fielding Yost
. The Wolverines
played their home games at Regents
The team played in the 1902 Rose
, which was the first post-season college football game.
This team was the only team to be undefeated, untied, and unscored
upon in all games, including the post-season Rose Bowl appearance.
This powerful legendary team was nicknamed the "point-a-minute"
- Left End: Curtis Redden, Herb
- Left Tackle: Hugh
- Left Guard: Dan McGugin, James E.
- Center: George Gregory
- Right Guard: Ebin Wilson
- Right Tackle: Bruce Shorts, Daniel
- Right End: Albert E.
Herrnstein, James C. Knight,
- Quarterback: Harison "Boss"
- Fullback: Neil Snow
- Left Halfback: Willie Heston,
Everett Sweeley, Walt Shaw
- Right Halfback: Everett Sweeley, Willie Heston, Walt Shaw, Albert E. Herrnstein