The 55th Bombardment Wing
(55th BW) was a World War II United States Army Air Force
organization assigned to Fifteenth
as a intermediate-level command and control
organization. It was stationed at Bari, Italy and
was inactivated on 9 September 1945.
- Constituted as 55th Bombardment Operational Training
Wing (Medium) on 17 March 1943
- Activated on 31 March.
- Redesignated 55th Bombardment Wing (Medium) in
- Redesignated 55th Bombardment Wing (Heavy) in
- Inactivated 9 September 1945.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II.
Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN