Abberton is a village in Essex, England.
located approximately 1 km (0.6 miles) east of Abberton
Reservoir and is 6.8 km (4.2 miles) south of Colchester. The village is in the borough of Colchester and in the parliamentary constituency of North Essex.
Village sign for Abberton and
The town is served by Abberton
and Langenhoe Parish
Abberton is recorded in the Domesday
of 1086-7 as Edburghetuna
in the Hundred of Winstree, when it was part
of the lands of Count Eustace in Essex, held by Ralph de Marcy and
further held by Ranulf Peverel in demesne
it was held by Siward, a free man, as a manor in the time of King
Edward before the Norman Conquest of 1066.
The Church at Abberton is St Andrew.It is located at the end of Rectory Lane
approximately three hundred yards from