(born September 12
) is an
American author and archaeologist
is also a former fashion model
featured in the 1996 Buffalo Jeans
campaign. She attended University of
California, Berkeley, Department of Anthropology in the late 1990s and
completed her degree with the Kroeber prize. She then obtained a
Master's degree in archaeology from the
British Columbia, Vancouver.
Her thesis was titled
Visions Cast on Stone: A Stylistic Analysis of the Petroglyphs
of Gabriola Island, British Columbia
on file at the University
of British Columbia library. Abstracts were published in the
journal The Midden
Her first book, A Mermaid's Tale
, was released in 2006. It
received a starred review from Booklist
Singer/songwriter Tori Amos
book calling it "a magic talisman."
Adams was also featured in the 2005 national Levi's
print campaign as an archaeologist.
- A Mermaid's Tale: A Personal Search for Love and Lore
(Greystone Books 2006)
- Globe and Mail Review of Books; September 2, 2006 
- Science Magazine; December 2006 
- Booklist STARRED review; September 15, 2006
- Visions Cast in Stone: The Petroglyphs of Gabriola Island, B.C.
The Midden 216(2):2-9. Publication of the Archaeological
Society of British Columbia.