is a historical village (pop.
Baden-W├╝rttemberg, now the smallest district of T├╝bingen. It is located 3 km north of T├╝bingen proper
in the middle of the state nature protected area of the Sch├Ânbuch. It is located on Route 464 connecting B├Âblingen and T├╝bingen.
It was founded in 1183 by
Pfalzgraf Rudolf von
. Bebenhausen is famous for its monastery,
Cistercian church at Bebenhausen
Bebenhausen from the South
It became a municipality in 1823. King William II of W├╝rttemberg
lived there until his death in 1921 along with his wife duchess
until her death in 1947. It became the seat of
W├╝rttemberg-Hohenzollern from 1947 and until 1952 when Baden-W├╝rttemberg was
In 1974, it became a district of T├╝bingen.