Bogo (Cebuano: Lungsod sa Bogo, ) is a
municipality in the northern part of the province of Cebu, Philippines.
According to the 2007 census, it has a
population of 69,123 people.
Bogo is politically subdivided into 29 barangays
- Cogon (Pob.)- Hon. Vivian Canama
- Anonang Norte - Hon. Josefina Balais
- Anonang Sur - Hon. George Tabaco
- Banban - Hon. Jose Oporto
- Binabag - Hon. Aida Dy Mangubat
- Bungtod (Pob.)Jose Brainard Mayol (ABC Pres.)
- Carbon (Pob.) - Hon. Rosendo Barte
- Cayang - Hon. Alexander Estrella
- Dakit - Hon. Eddie Tolingin
- Don Pedro Rodriguez - Hon. Propetacio Bañares
- Gairan - Hon. Alex Masong
- Guadalupe - Hon. Jefren Cortez
- La Paz - Barangay Captain: Hon. Marlou T. Ancajas
- La Purisima Concepcion (Pob.)Hon. Jose Felix Mandal
- Libertad - Hon. Wilson Dosdos
- Lourdes (Pob.) - Hon. Christopher Lepiten
- Malingin - Hon. Marilyn Calidguid
- Marangog - Hon. Nilo S. Catadman
- Nailon - Hon. Pio Yurango
- Odlot - Hon. Jacinto Jerry Rivera
- Pandan (Pandan Heights)- Barangay Captain: Hon. Jack Lester
- Polambato - Hon. Narciso Melendrez
- Sambag (Pob.) - Hon. Roberta Terado
- San Vicente (Pob.) - Hon. Virginia Rodrigo
- Santo Niño - Hon. Cesar Jusay
- Santo Rosario (Pob.) - Hon. Jose Guevarra
- Siocon - Hon. Dante Ursabia
- Taytayan - Hon. Nestor Aranas
- Sudlonon - Hon. Brixio Pilapil
The plebiscite for the cityhood of Bogo was held on 16 June 2007.
After few hours of canvassing, 97.82% of voters of Bogo voted for
"yes" for cityhood. Former representative Clavel Asas-Matinez
announced that the cityhood of Bogo has been ratified. It became
the sixth component city of Cebu province.
On 19 November 2008, the City of Bogo was demoted along with 2
other cities in Cebu and 13 other cities in the Philippines. The
Supreme Court ruled out that the 16 cities did not pass the
requirements for cityhood.
- Anonang Norte ES
- Anonang Sur ES
- Araneta Learning Center (Bogo) - for. Bogo LC
- Banban ES
- Banban NHS
- Binabag HS
- Bogo Central School I
- Bogo Central School II
- Cayang NHS Ext.
- Don Potenciano Catarata MNHS Ext.
- Guadalupe NH
- La Paz NHS Ext.
- Libertad NHS Ext.
- Odlot NHS Ext.
- Bartolome Piañar MNHS Odlot Ext.
- Binabag ES
- Bung-aw ES
- Cayang ES
- Cebu Roosevelt Memorial College
- Combado ES
- Dakit ES
- Don Pedro Rodriguez ES
- Felipe R. Verallo Memorial Foundation College
- Gairan ES
- Guadalupe ES
- Jovencio N. Masong National High School
- La Paz ES
- Libertad ES
- Malingin ES
- Marangog ES
- Nailon ES
- Northern Cebu Colleges
- Odlot ES
- Polambato ES
- Siokon ES
- St. Louise de Marillac College (Holy Family Academy)
- San Roque Child Development School
- Taytayan Primary School
- Cebu Roosevelt Memorial Colleges
- Felipe R. Verallo Memorial Foundation College, Inc.
- Northern Cebu Colleges
- St. Louise de Marilac College (Holy Family Academy)