Border Patrol is a
half-hour adventure/drama television
series which aired in the United States during calendar year 1959, with Richard Webb cast as Don Jagger, the
fictitious deputy chief of the Border Patrol.
earlier portrayed the title role of Captain Midnight
, a 1954-1956 CBS
television series based on
an earlier radio
series premiere on March 10, 1959, Jagger and a Seminole Indian chief played by
Ralph Smiley enter the Florida Everglades in pursuit of a gang of gun-smuggling illegal immigrants.
portrayed Lieutenant Commander Ben Finney in the "Court Martial
" episode of NBC
's original Star
series. He committed suicide in Van
Nuys, California, after having suffered a long-term respiratory
- "The Party Line": An inventor, a
foreign-born American citizen, is told that
he must return to his old country with his inventions or face harm
to his family members left behind.
- "Killer Abroad"
- "Passport to the Deep": A smuggling ring brings foreigners to
the United States illegally for a price.
Bundle of Dope": Jagger travels to San Diego, California, to investigate narcotics
smuggling from Mexico.
of Death": A South American refugee living in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, played by Edward Colmans (1908-1977) pens an
autobiography. Two assassins from his old country kidnap his son and demand the manuscript in exchange
for the boy's life.
Unknown": Jagger travels to the Canadian border to investigate the smuggling of weapons
stolen from military armories.
- "The Logmen": Jagger goes undercover as a logger in a lumber
camp near the Canadian border to investigate the smuggling of
illegal immigrants. Tyler McVey and
Gilman Rankin guest star.
- "Love, Death and Diamonds": A beautiful girl seeks help from
the Border Patrol in exposing a smuggling racket. Eleanor Berry and
Herbert Rudley guest star as Rosemary
Comstock and John McAuliffe.
- "Rattigan and the Cat": A woman tells police captain Bob Rattigan, portrayed by
Dick Wessel (1913-1965), that her
husband is plotting her murder.
- "Rendezvous in Los
Angeles": Jagger fakes mortal illness to set a trap for an
- "Black Sand, White Coral"
Kwan-Yin Case": A piece of Chinese jade is linked to the death of a man and the unmasking
of a smuggler.
- "The Quota Case"
- "In a Deadly Fashion": A Border Patrol agent goes undercover as
a boxer to nab a violent gangster. Don Gordon
in the Desert": Jagger travels to Yuma, Arizona, an
alien-smuggling ring. Ron
Hagerthy guest stars.
- "Test of Strength"
- "Night Target": Jagger investigates a
fishing-chartering service in New Orleans linked to an alien-smuggling ring.
- "Case of the Cockeyed Patient"
- "The Vegetable Man"
- "Terror on the Gold Coast"
- "Lost Star": A foreign agent kidnaps a film star to gain
control over her husband, a diplomat (series finale).
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, New York: Penguin
Books, 1996, 4th ed., pa. 112