Cross Crusade is cyclo-cross race series based in Portland, Oregon held over an
eight week period during the months of October and November.
2005, the series was the largest cyclo-cross series in the US.
Currently in its 14th season, the 2006 series consists of six races
plus the U.S. Gran Prix of Cyclocross
(a Union Cycliste
(UCI) sanctioned event). The Cross Crusade began
hosting UCI-sanctioned events as part of the series in 2002.
- Medley, Gary (October 14, 2005) Cannondale Stumptown Cyclocross Classic Sets Record...
Oregon Bicycle Racing Association
- Brian Witty (October 2003) Vervecken and Dunlap Storm Away from Fields at
Muddy Cannondale Stumptown Classic CyclingNews.com
- "Mud, Sweat And Gears - How the once-obscure sport of
cyclocross has exploded in Portland" Angela Valdez, Willamette
Week, 11/6/2005 http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3201/6934/
- "Cross Crusade Moves to Horning’s Hideout; 700+ Riders Expected
- "Cyclocross Is Colorful. Mud-Colored, That Is." Oakley Brooks.
NY Times. 11/25/06.