Dinga is a city of Gujrat District in the Punjab province of
located at 31°57'34N 74°28'57E at an elevation of 218 metres and
lies between the rivers Jhelum and Chenab. The main highway that runs from Lahore to Rawalpindi is about 25 km northeast of Dinga.
about 100 km from the border that separates Pakistan and
India, the city is famous in Pakistan for meethi saunf
(sugar coated aniseeds).
Dinga is an old city. There is evidence that this town was
established in the 16th century. Before the partition in 1947,
Muslims, Hindus, and Sikhs used to live here in harmony. There was
for the Sikhs called NanakSar.
There are still the ruins of pre partition buildings here. The
population of Dinga in 2008 was about 80,000.Dinga was settled by
the Khattana Clan of Gujjars,they came from the nearby village of
bhalesrawala and settled here.They have been a family of prominence
The city of Dinga is part of Kharian
of Gujrat District)
and is administratively subdivided into two Union councils
, Dinga-I and
The easiest way to reach Dinga from abroad is to fly in to the
airport at Islamabad, and then take a bus or some other means of
transport to Dinga. Dinga is about 135 km from Islamabad. It
takes 2 hours to reach Dinga from Islamabad by road and 3 hours
from Lahore. Dinga is connected to Islamabad by the Grand Trunk Road
- the main highway that
runs from Rawalpindi to Lahore. At the city of Kharian on the
highway, you will take a right turn onto Rasul road towards
Dinga is about 25 km from this point, which
would take about half an hour to reach. The condition of the GT
road from Rawalpindi/Islamabad to Kharian is excellent, and the
road from Kharian to Dinga is reasonably good for travel.
alternate way to reach Dinga from India is to fly in to the airport
at Sargodha (which is due southwest of Dinga), and then take a
train or some other means of transport to Dinga.
- One of the oldest High School ,namely, Sardar Hakam Singh High
School was an important school.
- Then in 1926, a world level rich man of India Rai Bahadar
Sundardas established another high school which is still in the
same building with few new infrastructure.
- Govt. Degree College for Boys Dinga.
- Govt. Degree College for Women Dinga.
- There is a religious institute,
*Haji Muhammad Sadiq Butt
- Mian Muhammad Alam of Bajar Wala
- Mian Tariq Mehmood Ex Minister Punjab and Ex MPA Punjab
( Nazim Union Council
Dinga 1 . President Haji Brothers Welfare Trust )
- Peer Mussawar Hussain ( Amra Kalan )
- Chaudhary Jaffar Iqbal(Candidate for MPA,ML Nawaz group)
- Mian Mohammad Asghar of Khunnan(General Secretary PML
- Mian Jaffar Iqbal of Khunnan(Founding member of ALi Hajveri tnt
Pegging club of Pakistan and a column writer,staying in
Holland.Also a PML Nawaz group promoter)
- Chaudhary Mohammad Irfan Malwana (Ex Member of District
- General Ch. Sajjad Akram of Khunnan(Core Commander and a
reformer for the Model City of Khunnan with new revolutionary
- Ch. Muhammad Hussain Toppa
- Barrister Syed Tajamal Hussain Shah, Legal Director of Pakistan
Tobacco Company Ltd and Area General Counsel for South Asia Area
for BAT plc.
- Major (r) Muhammad Hanif; Veteran 1971 Indo Pak War (Miana
- Dr. Safdar Mahmood, retd. Federal Secretary/Scholar.
- Mirza Muhammed Naeem. General Manager of Awaz Group  of
- Ch. Akhtar Hussain, retd. Provincial Secretary.
- Liaqat Ali Ch., retd. IT officer/consultant, Wafaqi
- Afzaal Ahmad Chuadhry, Deputy Secretary to Govt. of the
Punjab.Ch Qasim Ellahi (Buisnessman) Manchester,UK
- Chaudhary Khalid Sohail Gujjar of Dinga, Pakistan International
- Chaudhary Shoaib Raza Gujjar of Dhakkar, Pakistan domestic
- Basharat Mukhtar 2nd international voleball player
- Chaudhary Farrakh Riaz, Amra Kalaan
mian akhtar sahib mian mohammed hosain mian anwar sahib)
- Qazi Naem(Government contractor)
- Ghalla Mandi(Market of Rice & Wheat)
- Sabzi Mandi(Fruit & vegetable Market)
- Weekly Deehat Times
- Weekly Nai Haiqiq
- Weekly Times of Dinga
- Weekly Nawa-e-Dinga
- Weekly Muqabil
- Monthly Nawa-e-Mashhood
- Monthly Mata-e-ilam(For Children)
- weekly gohar guzashat
Places of Interest
- Khunnan(The Model Village)
- Toppa House
- Markzi Jamia Masjid (Eid Gah)
- Sundar Das Palace
- Mandar Wala Mohallah
- Fatima Jannah Children Park
- Govt Higher Secondary School Eidgah Chowk
- Wisdom House Channan
- Androon Bazar