Eighth Wonder of the World
is a term sometimes
used to describe things in comparison to the Seven Wonders of the
, the widely-known list of seven remarkable constructions
of classical antiquity.
Things labeled as the Eighth Wonder of the World
- Great Wall of
- Stonehenge, United
- Machu Picchu,
- Banaue Rice Terraces, Philippines
Army of Xi'an, China.
Room in the Catherine Palace near Saint Petersburg, Russia
monastery of San Lorenzo del Escorial, Spain.
Orthodox Church built in Istanbul
churches at Lalibela, Ethiopia (Church of St. George, Lalibela)
stelae of Axum, Ethiopia
- Sigiriya, Sri
- Royal Palace in Amsterdam, The
- Statue of Liberty, New York Harbor, United States
moai statues of Easter Island, Chile
- Chichen Itza: "El Castillo", also called Pyramid or Temple of
Kukulcan, located in the Peninsula of Yucatan, Mexico
Post-1900 human creations
- ABC Good Morning America "7 New Wonders" Page
- National Geographic Photo Galleries
- Natural Tunnel State Park
- "The Great Wall of China: Dynasties, Dragons, and Warriors
Exhibit Summary" by Powerhouse Museum
-  About Taj Mahal
-  U.S., S. American Growers Joint Trade
Mission to India December 8-17, 2006
- "World still wonders about the origins of Machu
Picchu" by Michael Lollar, The
Commercial Appeal, May 21, 1998.
- "Wander Our Wonders" at WowPhilippines,
official tourism website of the Philippines.
- "Planting rice is never fun: Modern life threatens
Ifugao rice terraces" by Imelda Visaya Abano, Philippine Post,
- filipinasoul.com, ‘The Best’ of the Philippines -
its natural wonders
- nscb.gov.ph, FACTS & FIGURES, Ifugao province
- About Banaue > Tourist Attractions
- "Eighth Wonder of the World: Terracotta
Warriors", ChinaCulture.org, Ministry of Culture, China
- "China's Terracotta Army Gets Dose of Modern
Medicine", Qi: The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health
- The Amber Room: The Fate of the World's
Greatest Lost Treasure by Catherine Scott-Clark and Adrian
Levy; publisher's comments.
- "The Escorial", Catholic Encyclopedia
- "Turkish Delights" by Phyllis Dolgin,
Epoch Times, July 16, 2006..
- "Ethiopia: Land of wonder and religious
tradition" by Rudi Bakhtiar, CNN Student News, November 28, 2001.
- "Pearl of the Indian Ocean" by Priyanka Singh,
Tribune, August 10, 2003.
- "Tourist miracles of Sri Lanka" by Moin-ul-Haq,
Daily News, January 1,
- "Breathtaking castle in the sky" by C.P.
Belliappa, Deccan Herald, August 15, 2004.
- "Amsterdam Heritage: Town hall in the Dam Square
(1648/65), now Royal Palace" by Municipal Department for
Preservation and Restoration of Historic Buildings and Sites of
- "Angkor Wat, eighth wonder of the world" by
- impactlab.com - The eight wonder of the world -
- Empire State Building official site.
- "Does Extra Security Make it Safe?" by Rebecca
Skaroff, Ripples, New York University.
- "The lessons of Dubai? Let’s build some more
British isles" by John Blundell, Institute of Economic Affairs,
April 9, 2006.
- "Sound Future for Sydney Opera House",
July 3, 2002.
- "Thames Barrier Visitors' Centre",
The New York Times Travel
- Israel Magazine-on-Web: July 2001 - The "Eighth
Wonder of the World" - In Haifa
- NASA Satellites Watch As China Constructs Giant
- Barks, Joseph V. " Powering the (new and improved) 'Eighth Wonder of
the World' ", Electrical Apparatus, November 2001. Retrieved
- West Baden Springs Hotel
- "André the Giant", World Wrestling Entertainment
Hall of Fame.
the Giant official website