European Parliamentary Labour Party is an integral
part of the Socialist
Group in the European Parliament and of the British Labour Party.
Parliamentarians represent their voters so as to advance democracy,
social justice, prosperity, peace and sustainable development in
the UK, EU and throughout the world.
Labour has 19 Euro MPs in the European Parliament. The European
Parliamentary Labour Party sits as part of the multi-national
Socialist Group in the European Parliament, but it has its own
leadership and spokespeople representing Britain in Brussels and
Below are details about positions held by Labour MEPs in the
European Parliamentary Labour Party, the Socialist Group in the
European Parliament and the European Parliament.
European Parliamentary Labour Party officers
Socialist Group in the European Parliament
British Labour MEPs hold key positions in the Socialist Group in
the European Parliament, a pan national group of which the Labour
Party is a member. Committee co-ordinators operate as spokespeople
for the Socialist Group in the European Parliament in their
respective committee; they co-ordinate decisions on policy with
each of the different national groups that make up the Socialist
Group in the European Parliament.
Socialist Group Bureau
Vice-President Linda McAvan
Socialist Group in the European Parliament Committee
Constitutional Affairs Committee Richard Corbett MEPEmployment and
Social Affairs Committee Stephen Hughes MEP
The following British Labour MEPs hold key positions in the
Labour has an official spokesperson for each committee in the
European Parliament. These MEPs represent Labour policy on these
committees and act as spokespeople on the subjects covered by the
- Michael Cashman is MEP for the West Midlands region
representing Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall, Coventry, Warwickshire
& Staffordshire in the European Parliament.
- Richard Corbett is the Deputy Leader of the European
Parliamentary Labour Party and represents Bradford, Calderdale,
East Yorkshire, Hull, Leeds, North Yorkshire, Wakefield and York in
the Yorkshire & the Humber region.
- Robert Evans is the Chair of the European Parliamentary Labour
Party and represents the London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing,
Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kingston
upon Thames, Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Sutton.
- Glyn Ford represents the South West of England which includes
Bath and North East Somerset, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cornwall,
Devon, Dorset, Gibraltar, Gloucestershire, Isles of Scilly,
Plymouth, Poole, Somerset, Swindon, Torbay and Wiltshire.
- Neena Gill is the MEP for the West Midlands Region representing
Birmingham, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Wolverhampton and
- Mary Honeyball represents the London Boroughs of Bexley,
Bromley, Camden, Croydon, Greenwich, Kensington & Chelsea,
Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark, Wandsworth and Westminster.
- Richard Howitt represents the East of England covering
Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk,
Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk and Thurrock.
- Stephen Hughes represents the North East of England covering
Darlington, Durham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Northumberland,
Redcar & Cleveland, Stockton on Tees and Tyne and Wear.
- Glenys Kinnock MEP represents Wales and is the President of the
Joint Parliamentary Assembly of the EU and African, Caribbean and
Pacific States. » more David Martin MEP
- David Martin is a Member of the European Parliament
- Linda McAvan represents Barnsley, Doncaster, Kirklees, North
East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Rotherham, Sheffield and
Wakefield in the Yorkshire and the Humber region.
- Arlene McCarthy represents Chester, Crosby, Ellesmere Port
& Neston, Liverpool, Manchester, Oldham, Sefton, Stockport,
Tameside and Wirral in the North West of England.
- Claude Moraes represents the London Boroughs of Barnet, Barking
& Dagenham, City, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Havering,
Islington, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest. »
more Eluned Morgan MEP
- Eluned Morgan is one of the Members of European Parliament
- Brian Simpson represents Allerdale, Barrow-in-Furness,
Carlisle, Congleton, Copeland, Crewe & Nantwich, Eden, Halton,
Knowsley, Macclesfield, South Lakeland, St Helens, Vale Royal,
Warrington and Wigan.
- Peter Skinner represents Bracknell Forest, Brighton & Hove,
Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent,
Medway Towns, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth,
Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Sussex, Windsor &
Maidenhead and Wokingham in the South East of England.
- Catherine Stihler is a Member of the European Parliament for
Scotland. » more Gary Titley MEP
- Gary Titley is the Leader of the Labour MEPs and represents the
North West of England covering Blackburn with Darwen, Blackpool,
Bolton, Burnley, Bury, Chorley, Fylde, Hyndburn, Lancaster, Pendle,
Preston, Ribble Valley, Salford, South Ribble, Trafford, Rochdale,
Rossendale, West Lancashire and Wyre.
- Glenis Willmott is the European Parliamentary Labour Party Whip
and represents the East Midlands region which covers Derbyshire,
Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and