Gamania Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
is a major PC online game and digital
entertainment corporation with its headquarter located in Taipei, Taiwan.It is the very first Taiwan online game
brand to expand globally, now with overseas branch offices
publishing and developing digital entertainment contents in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, and
It is also looking to setting up branch
offices in North America
within year 2010.
Entertaining its 10 million+ registered members around the world,
Gamania has built its successful member base from Korean PC online
games in Lineage
.It also facilitates its R&D power
from subsidiary development companies to produce mega-hits
MMOGs such as Bright Shadow
in Japan). Lucent Heart was
awarded the Best New Game in 2008 by WebMoney Awards in Japan.
With its core-business being PC online gaming at the moment,
Gamania aims to become the leading digital entertainment brand, as
Gamania is also dedicated to providing diversified digital
entertainment contents. Its creative center has been producing
multiple award-winning animation projects. The latest animation
, is scheduled to launch in
North America and Europe
in year 2010.
Gamania is public listed in Taiwan Stock Exchange (Code#
History of Gamania
- “Convenience Store” had broken the hot sale record of more than
1,200,000 copies over five areas in Asia (The
sale number of the most famous game in Asia then was over 100,000
copies.) It was the most successful console game in Asia in
- Entered the Korean market and established Gamania(Korea.)
- “Convenience Store 1” Korean edition was published and became
very popular, selling 150,000 copies.
- Gamania’s corporate logo was awarded the Gold
Award for Creative Logo Design and Judges’ Pick at the Taipei
International Creative Design Exhibition.”
- Expanded into the media industry to publish the digital leisure
magazine “Mania” in Taiwan. It immediately
became the top-selling magazine of its type with a circulation of
- Established the largest online game server center in Asia.
- Published the “Fast Food Store” Korean edition in Korea. Over
50,000 copies were sold and the game was selected by the Pusan
University in Korea as assigned case study.
- Acquired the Chinese edition license for the online game
“Lineage.” Just two weeks after its release in Taiwan, membership
swelled to 200,000.
- Established Gamania(Hong Kong.) “Convenience Store 2” simultaneously launched in
Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea.
- Gamania’s corporate logo won the gold award in the “Top 10
National Design Awards.”
- Established Gamania(Japan) in Tokyo.
- Gamania formally listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Established Gamania( Beijing.)
- Acquired AliBangBang Digital Games, bringing its self-developed
game " Xian Mo Dao" into Gamania
- Self-developed game “COCOCAN” launched
in Taiwan bundled with the Single of game soundtrack. Within just
two weeks membership passed the 250,000 mark.
- Integration of game portal Gamania.com completed, making it the
most viewed portal website and standard-setter for Taiwan’s online
- Gamania’s corporate logo awarded the gold medal at the National
Creative Awards and is included in the “China CIS Yearbook.”
- The membership of “Lineage” in Taiwan reached over 3.5 million
benchmark, making it the online game with the largest player base
- “Hero: 108" and “What a Hell!” granted the animation prototype
award at the “2003 International Digital Content Prototype
- Acquired Taiwan Index, bringing its
online games "Seal Online", “N-Age” and “Crusade” into the Gamania
- Launched Gamania mobile phone payment system in Taiwan,
allowing all users to purchase GASH points through their mobile
phones. This made Gamania the first game company in Taiwan to offer
an integrated virtual payment system.
- First musical online game “O2JAM” launched in Taiwan.
- The “Piggy to…” animation targeted at the Western audience and
“Who’s Next Door” both won the animation prototype award at the
“2004 International Digital Content Prototype Awards.”
- Acquired license to “Maple Story”,
the first free casual online game in Taiwan, which successfully
opened up the young online game players’ market and set a new
- Gamania’s “COCOCAN Ver 3.0” was awarded the “Best casual Game”
at the “2006 Game Star Award.”
- Launched five self-developed online games at the Tokyo Game
Show: “Super Rich“, “Bright Shadow“, “Xian Mo Dao“, “Zodiac“ and
“AOW “ and gained immediate popularity among players.
- Established Media Subsidiary Company, “Fundation Digital
Entertainment,” to develop online game and entertainment media
- Acquired license to “Kart Rider,” which became the largest
casual game in Taiwan with the membership up to 3.8 million.
- “Zodiac Online” was granted “International Digital Content
Prototype Award“ at the 2006 Digital Contents Awards organized by
the Industrial Development Bureau of the Ministry of Economic.
- Launched the first self-developed online game “Bright Shadow”
and achieved over 30,000 concurrent players online.
- The very first representative animation work of Gamania,
“Hero:108,” signed a contract deal with Cartoon Network UK.
- Established “Gamania Cheer Up Foundation” to encourage 16 to 22
year-old teenagers - “Dare to Dream and Stay True to Be
- Award-winner of 2008 Taiwan Superior Brand from Taiwan External
Trade Development Council.
- Established Gamania E-Sports team, “GAMA
BEARS,” to officially join professional E-Sports.
- Gamania Japan officially reached profit point with revenue
heights by self-developed online game “Bright Shadow” and “Zodiac.”