is an album by Pierre Moerlen's Gong
, issued in 1976.
U.S., it was called Expresso.
is jazz fusion
and has little to do with
the psychedelic space rock of Daevid
's Gong, even though the bands share a common history.
Although the album was issued under the name of Gong (due to
contract obligations with Virgin Records), and the name "Pierre
Moerlen's Gong" would not be adopted for a couple of years, the
album is considered to properly belong to the latter band due to
the lineup involved and the nature of the music. Writing credits
are about half-divided between Holdsworth and Moerlen, except the
final track which is by early Magma
bassist Francis Moze
fretless, gong and piano).
- "Expresso" (Pierre Moerlen) –
- "Night Illusion" (Allan
Holdsworth) – 3:42
- "Percolations (Part I & II)" (Moerlen) – 10:00
- "Shadows Of" (Holdsworth) – 7:48
- "Esnuria" (Moerlen) – 8:00
- "Mireille" (Francis Moze) –
- Pierre Moerlen – drums, Drum kit, vibraphone, marimba,
- Allan Holdsworth – guitars, violin, pedal steel
- Mireille Bauer – vibraphone,
marimba, glockenspiel, toms
- Benoît Moerlen –
- Didier Malherbe – tenor sax, flute
- Francis Moze – bass, gong, piano
- Mino Cinelu – percussion