Grete Faremo (born June 16 1955 in Arendal), is a
Norwegian politician, and the
current Minister of Defence in
Prior to serving in government, Faremo was the head
of the legal and public relations function of Microsoft
, region Western Europe. Faremo has a law degree from the University of Oslo from 1978.
She is the daughter of the
Norwegian politician Osmund
Was chosen to be the Minister of Defence 20 October 2009.
Faremo has held a range of political positions for the Norwegian Labour Party
- From 1990 to 1992 she was Minister of Development Cooperation,
in the government of Gro Harlem
- From 1992 to 1996 she was Minister of Justice
- In 1996 she was Minister of Oil and Energy
- From 1993 to 1997 she was an elected Member of Stortinget, the
- 1997-2003 Executive vice-president Storebrand ASA
- 2003-2008 Director of legal and corporate affairs, Microsoft Norway
She has also held a number of positions in Boards and Commissions.