HMS Grafton was a 70-gun third rate ship of
the line of the Royal
Navy. She was built by
Swallow and Fowler, of Limehouse, London to the
dimensions of the 1706
Establishment, and was launched on 9 August
She spent some time under the command of George Forbes, 3rd Earl of
, and by 1718 she was commanded by Nicholas Haddock
, and was present at the
Battle of Cape Passaro
she was stationed at the Nore, when she
was commanded by Richard
September 1722 Grafton was ordered to be taken to pieces
and rebuilt to the 1719
Establishment at Woolwich, from where
she was relaunched on 25 November 1725.
She remained in
service until 1744, when she was broken up.
- Lavery, Brian (2003) The Ship of the Line - Volume 1: The
development of the battlefleet 1650-1850. Conway Maritime
Press. ISBN 0-85177-252-8.