The Interstate Athletic
Conference, an all-boys high school sports league, is made
of six private high schools in the Washington, DC area.
The six members of the league compete
in 12 Varsity Sports: Soccer
, Cross Country
, Swimming and Diving
, Track and
, and Baseball
. The conference is
widely regarded as the nation's most competitive and talent-deep in
conference members include: Georgetown
Preparatory School, St. Albans
School, St. Stephen's & St.
Agnes School, Episcopal High
School, and The Bullis
School.Sidwell Friends School was also an original member of this conference but
in 1999 joined the MAC.
- 1970: Georgetown Prep's football team is banned from the
league. This ban lasts 11 years.
- 2004: League Headmasters meet and decide to remove Georgetown
Prep's football team, citing the schools larger number of male
students and higher football aspirations than the league's other
Some Notable Athletes and Coaches over the Years
- Jonathan Ogden '92 St.
- Dave Mulquin ’77 Georgetown Prep
- Mike Mulquin '79 Georgetown Prep
- Matt Ward, winner of the Teewarton trophey
- Chris Meloni '79 St. Stephens and St. Agnes
- Coach Herb Soles Wrestling St. Stephens and St. Agnes
- Coach Franny Gleason Basketball Georgetown Prep
- Coach Al "Sleepy" Thompson Football/Athletic Director St.
- Coach Rob Bordley Landon Lacrosse
- Coach Kevin Giblin Georgetown Prep Lacrosse
- Marcus Mason '03 Georgetown
- Tim Hightower '04 Episcopal High
- Roy Hibbert '04 Georgetown Prep
- Arinze Onuaku '05 Episcopal High
- Danny Coale '07 Episcopal High
- Coach David Hooper Wrestling St. Stephens and St. Agnes
- Ian Davidson '07 St. Stephens and St. Agnes