Lisgar GO Station is a
station on GO Transit's Milton line in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
opened for service on September 4, 2007.
It is located at the intersection of Tenth Line and Argentia Road,
which is near the interchange of Highway 401
, and Highway 407
. The station is named
after the section of the Meadowvale community in which it is located,
Lisgar, itself named after John Young, 1st Baron Lisgar,
second Governor General of
Canada from 1869-1872.
station was built to alleviate the congested Meadowvale station, and to provide better service for the
The station provides parking spaces for 788
In Spring 2009 a 50 kW wind turbine
was constructed at the station to
supply energy for the the facility. Taking advantage of the heavy
prevailing winds from the west, the turbine is the first
application of on-site wind generation for a North American transit