Miss Teen USA 1999, the 17th Miss Teen USA pageant, was televised live from Shreveport, Louisiana on 24 August, 1999. At the conclusion of the final competition, Ashley Coleman of Delaware was crowned by outgoing queen Vanessa Minnillo of South Carolina.
The pageant was hosted by newcomer Carson
with color commentary by Ali
and Julie Moran
second year. Landry held the Miss Louisiana Teen USA
Miss Louisiana USA
1996 titles, making the
semi-finals at Miss Teen USA
pageant before winning Miss USA
During the pageant there were performances by Britney Spears
. This was the second year that N'Sync provided
Map showing placements by state
- Miss Congeniality: Morgan Maholich (New
- Miss Photogenic: Lexie Kemper (Kentucky)
- Style Award: Morgan O'Murray (Colorado)
- Best in Swimsuit: Ashley Coleman
- This was Louisiana's highest placement, and its first since
- Kentucky placed for the first time since 1995.
- This was only Delaware and Michigan's second placement, coming
after success in 1996. Arizona and Michigan, both placing for the
third time, also placed for the first time since 1996.
- Virginia placed for the third consecutive year, the first time
this had occurred. This record was broken when Virginia placed
consecutively from 2005-2008. Tori Hall placed in the top 10 at the
Miss Teen USA 2005 pageant which was won by Allie LaForce. Samantha
Casey placed 3rd runner up to Katie Blair of Montana. Emily Bruce
continued these placements by placing in the top 10 at Miss Teen
USA 2007. And finally, Megan Myrehn placed in the top 15 at Miss
Teen USA 2008.
The Miss Teen USA 1999 delegates were: