The Full Wiki

More info on Navalcarnero

Navalcarnero: Map

Advertisements
  

Wikipedia article:

Map showing all locations mentioned on Wikipedia article:

Navalcarnero is a municipality in Madrid marker, (Spainmarker).

Geography and Population

The Villa Real of Navalcarnero lies to the South East of the Autonomous Community of Madridmarker, about 31 km from Madridmarker capital city. Its average altitude is 670 m above sea level and has a surface of 100.2 km².

The main access is through the A-5 freeway, although it can also be reached by the roads:



The transportation company Blas y Cía operates a service linking Navalcarnero with Móstolesmarker (RENFE station, lines 529, 529 A, 531 and 531 A), Alcorcónmarker Hospital (line 529 H) and Madrid (Príncipe Pío, line 528).

Cevesa also links Madrid (Méndez Álvaro, line 536) with the housing development of Fado/Calypo, with several stops along the way in Alcorcón, Móstoles and Navalcarnero.

Navalcarnero has 21,393 inhabitants, according to 2007 data.

History

By the end of 1499 the city of Segoviamarker founded the location of Navalcarnero, to put an end to the conflicts around the area. Since 1480 (when the Catholic Kings disposed of the Sexmo de Valdemoro and the Sexmo de Casarrubios), the territory had been progressively occupied by the vassals of the Marquis of Moya and those of Comendador don Gonzalo Chacón.

On 10 October 1499 the first Mayor of Navalcarnero was elected from the six residents of Peralesmarker that founded the village.

Shortly after its foundation, in 1521, Alonso de Arreo, alderman and barrister of Navalcarnero helped Segovia in the Castilian War of the Communities.

Navalcarnero was under Segovian jurisdiction until 1627 (128 years), during which it was attacked several times and burned four times by the nearby domains. The city held a lawsuit against the Marquisate of Moya that lasted 93 years for the property of the Marimartín meadows. It also protected the rest of the municipality from don Gonzalo Chacón and his descendants for 118 years (until 1617).

In 1627 the municipality bought its own jurisdiction to the Crown, becoming an independent Villa; it kept, however, the Segovian coat of arms in its own.


Embed code:
Advertisements






Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message