Pappireddipatti is a
panchayat town in Dharmapuri district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
India census, Pappireddipatti had a population of 8591. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Pappireddipatti has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 57%. In Pappireddipatti, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Pappireddipatti is a small town (Taluk in Dharmapuri Dt.) almost
surrounded by 4 hills in four directions. There is a dam called
"Vaniyaru Dam", placed behind the Yercaud hills. It is such a
beautiful dam, people can reach yercaud by a long walk in the
shrevarayan forest which is very close to the dam. There is a
temple called "Murugan Temple", in pappireddipatti, which is very
famous in the Tamil month of "Thai".The temperature varies from
21-35 degree Celsius.The literacy rate increasing in very fast
manner.It has many skilled professional engineers and technically
- Subramania Siva Cooperative Sugar Factory, only the second
sugar factory in the district after Palacode Sugar Factory.
- Varalakshmi Starch Industry - First Automatic Starch industry
in India, which also have a branch in Mallur(Rasipuram)
- Fenner India - Textile Industry
- THANGAM STEEL- STEEL FABRICATION INDUSTRY
- Indian Granites - Granites factory
cheran poultry farm
Higher Secondary Schools
- Panchayat Union Primary School, Pappireddipatti
- Panchayat Union Primary School Jeeva Nagar,
- Panchayat Union Primary School Samathuvapuram,
- Panchayat Union Primary School Thamanikombai,
- Govt Higher Secondary School (Boys) Pappireddipatti,
- Govt Higher Secondary School (girls) Pappireddipatti,
- Stanley Matric. Hr. Sec. School founded by Mr.Murugesan,
Chairman, Pappireddipatty Panchayat
- PDR Memorial Matric. Hr. Sec. School.
- Valarmathy High School
- Indian Matri. Hr. Sec. School. Gk Road
21 venkatasamuduram( thiruvalluvar salai)(kozimekkanoor)
- Bus to Bangalore from Pappireddipatty at 5:30 am daily.
- Bus to Bommidi from Bangalore at 10:30 pm daily.
- Bommidi, the 200 years old historical railway station built
during the British Empire, which is adjacent to Salem
,Buddireddipatty and Morappur. [Trains
- Trains from Chennai Central
- Trains from Coimbatore Jn.
- Trains from Salem Jn.