Paul Vecchiali (born
April 28 1930 in
Ajaccio, Corsica, France) is a
French author and filmmaker.
his childhood in Toulon .
family, suspected of collaboration, preferred to leave this city
after the war .
His cinema takes as a starting point the French cinema of the
1930s, with an experimental and autobiographical tone . His
best-known films are arguably Rosa la rose
. His films are notably low-budget.
In 1987, he became the first director to link AIDS
his film Encore
- At the Top of the
- Rosa la rose, fille publique (1985)
- Encore / Once More (1988)
- The Guys in the Cafe (1989)
- Wonder Boy (1994)
- Zone Franche (1996)
- Love Reinvented (1997)
- Tears of AIDS (1999)
- A Vot' Bon Coer (2004)
- A Diagonal Portrait of Paul Vecchiali (2005)
- Romain Charbon, 'Vesperales', in Têtu, October 2008, issue 137, page 32
- Brigitte Rollet and James S. Williams, 'Visions of Excess:
Filming/Writing the Gay Self in Collard's Savage Nights,
in Gay Signatures: Gay and Lesbian Theory, Fiction and Film in
France, 1945-1995, ed. Owen Heathcote, Alex Hughes, James S.
Williams, Berg Publishers, 1998, page 195