The Full Wiki

More info on R. Daring Club Molenbeek

R. Daring Club Molenbeek: Map

Advertisements
  

Wikipedia article:

Map showing all locations mentioned on Wikipedia article:

Royal Daring Club Molenbeek was a football team from the city of Brusselsmarker, Belgiummarker until 1973. It was created in 1895 as Daring Club de Bruxelles and was the second club to register to the Belgian Football Association (it thus received the matricule n°2), but it was admitted to the league only in 1903.

History

Until 1899, the team wore blue and white, before changing to red and black. At the same time, the club was forced to move to a new stadium due to the construction of the Koekelberg Basilicamarker. To solve this problem, the club merged with a team from Jettemarker simply named Brussels F.C. to become Daring Brussels F.C., and adopted their stadium. They merged again in 1902 with U.S. Molenbeekoise and Skill F.C. de Bruxelles to become Daring Club de Bruxelles again. The club became very popular at the beginning of the twentieth century. The derby matches against Union were keenly anticipated. During the 1911-12 season the team won their first national title. After finishing runners-up to Union (but before Racing de Bruxelles) the following season, they won their second title the last season before the war. During World War I, a new stadium was built in Molenbeek-Saint-Jeanmarker where the F.C. Molenbeek Brussels Strombeek currently plays. After finishing third in the first season after the war, the team was inaugurated in 1920, the year of the 25th anniversary of the club that changed its name to Daring Club de Bruxelles Société Royale, and won the championship again the following year.

It had to wait until 1936 to come back at the top and win its fourth championship, and the fifth came a year later. In 1938, it finished 2nd. The next season saw a poor performance by Daring to finish 13th (forelast). The club was relegated just before the competition was stopped because of World War II. The team changed its name to Royal Daring Club de Bruxelles in 1950. Twenty years later, the name was finally changed to Royal Daring Club Molenbeek before the club merged with matriculation n°47 Royal Racing White to become R.W.D. Molenbeek in 1973. Since then, the matriculation n°2 was erased.

Honours



European cup history

Season Competition Round Country Club Home Away Aggregate
1965/66 UEFA Cup 1 AIK Stockholm 1-3 0-0 1-3
1968-69 UEFA Cup 1 Panathinaikos 2-1 0-2 2-3


References




Embed code:
Advertisements






Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message