Royal College of Chemistry (RCC)
was a college originally based on Oxford Street in central London, England.
operated between 1845 and 1872.
The college was set up to teach practical chemistry
. Many politicians donated funds to
establish the college, including Benjamin
and Robert Peel
. It was
also supported by Prince Albert
The first director was August
Wilhelm von Hofmann
. Frederick Augustus Abel
under von Hofmann. Sir William
, Edward Divers
J. A. R.
also attended the
The college was merged into the Royal School of Mines
It was the
first constituent college of Imperial College London and eventually became the Chemistry Department