you search the italian village in Campagna
municipality, see Santa Maria La Nova.
Santa Maria la Nova is a
church in Naples, southern
Italy. It is located on the site given to the
Franciscan order in 1279 when Charles
of Anjou decided to build his Castel Nuovo (new castle), or Maschio Angioino, on the grounds
of the order's original monastery, whence the name Nova
Church of Santa Maria la Nova in
The "new" church was built in the late 1200s. The original Angevin
building was removed in 1596 and a new structure was planned and
built by Giovan Cola di Franco, with a Renaissance façade. The main
altar is from 1633 and was designed by Cosimo Fanzago
. The church is located at the
beginning of a side street directly across from the from the east
side of the main post office.
The church contains a famous work of art: a 46-panel gilded fresco
on the ceiling from 1600; it is the collective work of a number of
artists, including Luca Giordano
church is a part of a larger monastic complex, much of which now
houses municipal office space.