may refer to:
- Government in Urdu/Persian/Hindi
- An historic administrative unit, used mostly in the Muslim
states of the Indian
- Sərkar, Azerbaijan
- Sarkar film series
- 'Sarkar' is a surname among Bengalis,
predominantly observed in India and Bangladesh. This can be spelt in different ways such as
Sirkar, Sarkar, Sarker, Sorkar, Sarcar, Sircar or Sorcar e.g. Nayem
Sarkar, Farzana Sarker or Shobnom Sarcar
- Sarkar is also honourable title used by the Royal Kshatriyan Maratha 96k clans
bengali bramhins working as nawabs ministers were also called
.mostly kayasthas have this surname
- Manik Sarkar, Politburo member of
the Communist Party of India (Marxist) and governor of Tripura
- Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar,
social and spiritual philosopher
- P. C.
Sorcar (father) and P. C.
Sorcar, Jr. (son), renowned
- Pradeep Sarkar, ad-film and
feature-film director (of Parineeta fame)
- Manick Sorcar, entrepreneur
- Sarkar Gohar Shahi,
Internationally renowned Spiritualist, Sufi and founder of
International Spiritual Movement Anjuman Serfaroshan-e-Islam.
- Sumit Sarkar, renowned modern Indian Historian
- Pijushkanti Sarkar, renowned Rabindrasangeet artist
- Sir Jadunath Sarkar,renowned historian who lived during the
first half of the 20th century and got knighted in 1938.
- Dr. Nilratan Sarkar, famous doctor of Bengal
- Dr. Mahendralal Sarkar, a renowned doctor, treated Ramakrishna
- Sunetra Sarker, English actress,
most natoble for her role as Dr Hanna on Casualty.
- Dr. Ajoy Sarkar,renowned textile professor