Saturdays = Youth
is the fifth studio album by French electronic/dream
pop group M83, first released on
April 14, 2008.
The album was produced by Ken Thomas, known for his work with
, The Sugarcubes
, Cocteau Twins
, and Suede
, with additional production by Ewan Pearson
(who has also produced for
, The Rapture
, and Ladytron
) and M83 leader Anthony Gonzalez.
The album yielded four singles: "Couleurs" in February 2008,
"Graveyard Girl" in April, "Kim & Jessie" in July, and "We Own
the Sky" in December. "Kim & Jessie" was voted at #256 on
's Top 500 songs of the
list in August 2009.
Saturdays = Youth
was released to positive critical
acclaim. The album was ranked as the eighth best album of 2008 by
The 50 Best Albums of
and at #111 on their list of the Top 200 albums of the
. The album was also voted as the best album of 2008 by
Drowned in Sound
and by Urban Outfitters
||April 14, 2008
||April 15, 2008
|December 9, 2008
||2xLP + CD
||9384-1 + 9384-2
||July 1, 2009
||CD (three bonus tracks)
- "Couleurs" (February 25, 2008)
- "Couleurs" (Jori Hulkkonen
- "Graveyard Girl" (April 28, 2008)
- "Graveyard Girl"
- "Graveyard Girl" (Yusek Remix)
- "Kim & Jessie" (July 21, 2008)
- "Kim & Jessie"
- "Kim & Jessie" (datA Remix)
- "Kim & Jessie" (Montag
- "We Own the Sky" (December 1, 2008)
- "We Own the Sky" (Edit)
- "We Own the Sky" (Maps Remix)
- "Je Vous Hais Petites Filles"
- "Graveyard Girl" (Parkerlab's Dusted Remix)
- "We Own the Sky" (Album Version)
- Anthony Gonzalez: vocals, keyboards, bass, guitars, piano
- Loïc Maurin: drums, percussion, guitar, bass, keyboards
- Morgan Kibby: vocals, piano,
- Ewan Pearson: additional
- Produced by Ken Thomas.
- Co-produced by Ewan Pearson and Anthony Gonzalez.
- Pre-production in World of Apples, Berlin, by Ewan
Pearson and Anthony Gonzalez.
- Recorded at Rockfield Studio, Wales.
- Recordings assisted by Richard Matthews.
- Guitar technician: Jolyon Thomas.
at Strongroom Studios, London, by Ken
Thomas and Anthony Gonzalez; assisted by Tom Bailey.
- Sleeve photography by Anouck Bertin.
- Art direction by Anthony Gonzalez; assisted by Paul A.
- Artwork design by Louise Downer at Blue Ink Creative.
- Pitchfork: Staff Lists: The Top 500 Tracks of the
2000s: 500-201 (page 5)
- Drowned in Sound's 50 albums of 2008