St. François Xavier is a
rural municipality lying
west-northwest of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
is part of the Winnipeg Capital Region
and had a 2001 census
St. François Xavier became a municipality in 1880. It has a rich
native history both in fact and in legend. The common name often
used for the area, White Horse Plain
arises from the most
famous of the legends. Also, the Grey Nuns
are woven into the fabric of the areas history. They had an
educational and religious presence there for 118 years, ending
their involvement in 1968.