Swoboda Bakery was built at 1422 William Street in
1888 in the Little Bohemia neighborhood
was listed on the National Register of
on July 19, 1996.
Constructed in 1888 by Joseph Dworak & Company, the Swoboda
Bakery was central to Omaha's Czech
community. The two-story building was originally designed as a
mixed-use commercial and residential property. After a City-funded
rehabilitation was completed in 1996, the building was converted to
rental residential space only.
- (nd) Swoboda Bakery, City of Omaha Landmarks
Heritage Commission. Retrieved 7/31/07.
- (1996) "National Register of Historic Places Listings -
July 26, 1996." National Park Service. Retrieved 7/30/07.
- Chudacoff, H. (1973) "A New Look At Ethnic Neighborhoods:
Residential Dispersion and the Concept of Visibility in a
Medium-Sized City," Journal of American History. 60(1).
June. p. 79.
- (2001) Additional tax incentive projects, Nebraska State
Historical Society. Retrieved 7/31/07.