Uriah Duffy (31 July 1975, Wakefield, Rhode
Island, USA) is an American bassist.
He is best known as
the bassist in Whitesnake
Has been a member of/played with
- Whitesnake (National and World Tours; 2 albums) Rock
- Christina Aguilera (CD: Stripped, 2002) R&B
- Alicia Keys (Studio Recording, 2002) R&B
- Goaplé (CD: Closer, 2001) R&B
- Sly & the Family Stone (3rd bassist, 2003-2005) Funk
- GQ (Various Dates) Funk/Disco
- Tony Toni Toné (Various Dates/TV) R&B
- Too $hort (Hometown oakland shows) Dirty Rap
- Lyrics Born (Regional and World Tours; TV appearances; Latest
- Chris Clouse (Various live performances since 2002) Pat
- Appice (2004 CD) Rock
- Flametal (Current work) Flamenco/Metal
- The Coup (Shows and latest album) Rap/Hip-Hop
- First A.M.E. Church, LA (2004) Gospel
Lakland 55-94 Quilted Maple w/Ebony fretboard bass "The only 5 that
feels like a 4. The best aspects of a Jazz & a Music Man with
out the inherent problems of either. Huge bottom.".
New Main Fender Jazz 4-string!
'05 Mexican Standard - Cutomized by Uriah In memory of my stolen
bass (see below), I 've created what some say is one of the best
sounding Jazz basses they've ever heard. It's similar to the
previous bass, but with a few changes. And it's all trimmed out in
Fender Jazz 4-string
'07 Mexican Reggie Hamilton Fender Jazz "P" pickup in the front;
Bartolini's. BadAssII Bridge.
Darryl Jones 4 String Skyline
I bought this one off of my brother Dorian Duffy, and love it! He
upgraded to the 5-string with Maple fretboard. This one's got EMG's
but I'll probably put in Barto's soon. I'll also change the knobs
Bee Bass Piccolo
(or is it Tenor or Alto?)It all depends on how you tune it. My two
tunings: Piccolo- BEADG an octave higher than a normal 5 string
Tenor- ADGCF (a tenor bass with a high F) Swamp Ash Body • Maple
neck • Flamed Maple top, fretboard and headstock. DeLano
Former Main 4-string
'98 Mexican Fender Jazz Bass—R.I.P "You gotta have a
'Franken-Jazz', so I got this bass cheap and put in Bartolini's and
a BadAss II Bridge. I love it except that I have to set it up all
the time. Killer tone though. This is my workhorse and beater bass.
I wish I had a Lakland identical to this bass."
Bee Bass 5 string
Another uniquely beautiful instrument from luthier Fred Bolton.
Delano Xtender Pickup
'86 Alembic Spoiler
"I've had this one since '90 and still love it. It sounds and
records so clean, but it just doesn't have the bottom I need. I now
keep it tuned Tenor (ADGC) and use it for solos, chords or as a
second bass when playing with another bassist. ".