( ) is a male Arabic
meaning "the chosen one amongst the tribe of brave
and noble people", "honest", "caring", "sincere", "genuine", and
The following people share this name:
- Uthman ibn Affan, third caliph
of the Sunni Muslims;
- Osman Hadzic, Bosnian folk singer.
- Uthman Abu Qahafa was Abu
- Uthman ibn Ali, brother of Abbas,
was among the List of casualties
at the Battle of Karbala
- Uthman al-Asghar, was one of
the sons of Ali ibn Abi
- Uthman al-Akbar, was one of the
sons of Ali ibn Abi
- Uthman ibn Naissa, was a
Berber Wāli of Narbonne and effective Muslim governor of
- Osman I
- Uthman I, a Marinid
- Usman dan Fodio, African leader
also known as Shehu Uthman Dan Fuduye
- Uthman Abdul
Rahim Mohammed Uthman, a Yemeni who is in extrajudicial
detention in Guantanamo Bay
- Usman Afzaal, is an English
- Usman Khawaja is an Australian
- Osman Nuri Paşa, was an
Ottoman Turkish field marshal
- Osman Pazvantoğlu, was a
Bosnian Ottoman soldier, governor and rebel against Ottoman
- Topal Osman Pasha, was a Grand
Vizier in the Ottoman Empire
- Al-Aziz Uthman, was the second
son of Saladin and the second Ayyubid Sultan of Egypt
- Ibn al-Salah, was a Kurdish Shafi'i
- Othman Saat, was a former Chief
Minister of the state of Johor in Malaysia.
- Aziz M. Osman is a Malaysian actor and director.
- Azalina Othman Said was a
Tourism Minister of Malaysia
- Alisher Usmanov, a Russian based
billionaire of Uzbek origin
- Ospan Batyr, a Kazakh freedom
fighter in Xinjiang
- Osman Đikić, was a Bosniak
poet, and dramatist
- Osman Ahmed Osman, was a
famous and influential Egyptian engineer, contractor, entrepreneur,
- Osman Jama Ali, is a Somali
- Osman Ali Atto, is a Somali
- Aden Abdullah Osman
Daar, was a Somali politician and the country's first
- Osman Yusuf Kenadid, was a
Somali poet and ruler.
- Osman Baydemir, a Turkish
politician, lawyer and human rights activist in east Turkey, of
- Ousmane N'Doye, is a Senegalese
- Ousmane Dabo, is a French football
midfielder who currently plays for S.S. Lazio.
- Ousmane Issoufi
Maïga, was the Prime Minister of Mali from 2004 to 2007.
- Ousmane Sembène, was a
Senegalese film director, producer and writer.
- Ousmane Sanou, is a Burkina Faso
- Ousman Jallow, is a Gambian
- Ousmane Traoré, is a
Burkinabé football player
- Ousmane Zongo, was a Burkinabè
arts trader living in New York City.
- Ousmane Viera, is an Ivorian
- Ousmane Tanor Dieng, is the
First Secretary of the Socialist Party of Senegal.
- Ousmane N'Gom Camara, is a
Guinean football player
- Tuanku Sultan Otteman
II, was a former Sultan of Deli
- Kara Yülük Osman, was
a late 14th and early 15th century leader of the Turkmen tribal
federation of Ak Koyunlu.
- Muhammad Osman Said, was
Prime Minister of Libya from 17 October 1960-19 March 1963.
- Mahamane Ousmane, was the first
democratically elected President of Niger.
- Osman Ahmed was a Somali ruler, and
the fifth Sultan of the Gobroon Dynasty
- Osman I of the Maldives
was the Sultan of the Maldives during 1377
- Osman II of the
Maldives was the Sultan of Maldives from 1420-1421
- Uthman ibn Ali was
the sixth leader of the Husainid Dynasty and the ruler of Tunisia
briefly in 1814.