Water Country USA is a water
theme park in York County, Virginia, about 3 miles (5 km) southeast of Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.
is the Mid-Atlantic
, and it offers live
entertainment, shops and restaurants, water rides, and other
attractions, all of which have a 1950s or 1960s surf theme. It is
owned by SeaWorld
Parks & Entertainment
, a division of The Blackstone Group
. The park is just a few
miles away from Busch Gardens Williamsburg, with which it shares clientele.
passes are available, and a parking pass at Water Country USA is
valid for same-day entry to Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
- Aquazoid: Family ride. About 80% enclosed in
the dark, had special effects but most were abandoned, and four
water curtains. Opened in 1997.
- Big Daddy Falls: Family ride with a tunnel,
water curtain, a "cannon blaster," and two splash pools. Opened in
- Hubba-Hubba Highway: Fast-moving action river
with interactive water features. Opened in 2003.
- Jet Scream: Four single-rider inner-tube
- Juke Box Tower: Home of three body slides
known as "Funky Chicken", "The Hully Gully", and "The Twist".
Opened in 2008.
- Little Bopper: Small children's slide in the
Rock N Roll Island area. Opened in 2008.
- Malibu Pipeline: Two mirror image slides with
covered sections and two water curtains. Opened in 1993.
- Meltdown: Slowest but steepest ride in the
park, with a three person tube. Opened in 2000.
- Nitro Racer: This ride uses six slide lanes to
allow guests to race face first on plastic/foam mats. Opened in
- Rampage: A toboggan slide which drops riders
75 feet at a 60 degree angle.
- Surfer's Bay: Virginia's largest wave-pool,
offering four-foot waves.
- Wild Thang: Two person inner tube ride through
open/covered sections and three water curtains.
- Atomic Breakers: A series of slides and splash
pools. Closed and removed 2007.
- Lemon Drop: 2 short Yellow body flumes which
dropped into a deep (10 ft) section of the Adventure Isle pool.
Closed and removed in 2008.
- Peppermint Twist: Two steep purple-colored
body slides take riders through a 180 degree curve. This ride
closed following the 2007 season. The tower, however, remains
intact and is used as the tower for the new Jammin'
Jukebox body slides.
- Volleyball Courts: Several beach volleyball
courts that took up the space where Hubba Hubba Highway is now, and
before that were located across from Jet Scream where the lockers
are. (Catering was where the restrooms are.)
- Little Twister: A small pink children's water
slide. Demolished and removed in the 2008 season.
- Island Quest: a 20 minute performance by high
divers, acrobats and trampoline artists.
- Adventure Isle: A water obstacle course
surrounded by Water Country's Rambling River,
around which guests may float on one- or two-person inner-tubes.
Was renamed Rock & Roll Island in the 2008
season. The pool was filled in to 3 foot and re-painted, 3 new tube
slides debuted on May 8, 2008.
- Cow-A-Bunga: A heated water playland for
children under 54", offering water slides, fountains and
- H20-UFO: Slides and fountains in an area set
aside for patrons under 56".
- Kritter Korral: Play equipment and miniature
slides for the park's smallest guest. Reserved for children under